Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Plug For Polly

This is a post to send everyone reading my blog to my sister's blog for the evening. She has written a bit about her experiences (and those of my whole family to some extent) recently with my dear grandmother who is slowly fading from us into the fog of Alzheimer's. It is touching, and somewhat profound--even if she is my own baby sister. :) Thanks, Polly, for making me cry a little tonight. The experience you and Tessi are going through with ministering to Grandmom this way will serve you in good stead when it comes to marriage and child-rearing, for sure. God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaw geeez . . . thanks! Oddly enough, I'm finding my own happiness augmented in the testing of my faith--and it is a test of faith sometimes...Will I get any sleep tonight? Will she kill herself? Will she drive me bananas with her freight-train snores? (And these issues always seem ten times worse in the dark in the middle of the night!) And I always find that the Lord works it all out just perfectly and that makes me actually look forward to the next time, when He proves again how well He fixes things. :) Hey, helping people is the way to go!