Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The quest for the perfect boot.

I'm picky. I freely admit it. But I wear boots almost every day in the winter and I have standards! The pair I have now is almost three years old and is quickly going the way of all flesh. Several seams are ripping out and it's just a matter of time before it bursts completely. So I find myself in a position I never like to be in; that of needing an item quickly-- not having the luxury of simply waiting till I find a good bargain and buying it then. So far I've looked at: Old Navy (and the website), Kohl's, Penney's, Belks, Ross, Walmart, Shoe Show, Payless Shoes, Rugged Wearhouse and a Google search. Nothing.

So here are my criteria:

2 inch heel (or less)
Midcalf height
Leather
Size 10
Roomy toes
Soft sole (rubber-like, so it doesn't "clicketty clack" all over the place)
Reasonably priced (like, about $10 would be great!)

In addition, the cut of the ankle part has to be somewhat roomy to fit in my lift (on the left boot), but not so roomy that the right ankle swims around in it.

I did buy a "stop-gap" pair at Rugged Wearhouse (and yes, I know that's not the correct spelling, but that's how they spell it!), but they're not quite what I want. Is it too much to ask that somewhere in the great internet universe there is a boot that fits these requests!!??!!

Here's one pair I found that I think are to die for cute, but waaay out of my price range:

http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=26661&pid=538752&scid=538752002


Sigh. Ah well, good things come to those who wait.... Right?

2 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

Oo, oo, oooo! I found MY favorite ones!! http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=19797&pid=541588&scid=541588012

I'm having the same trouble you are. $10 is a little low on my price range...my expectation *ahem* are more realistic than that, I think. I would LOVE to find my Boot Soul Mate for $10, but I think it'll end up being more like....$100. :(

lislynn said...

Oh yeah, those were my second choice, but they're rubber, not leather... Bleh. Hot, sweaty feet