Monday, March 5, 2012

My Portion

I love my house in the early morning. That brief space of time after J and Sofi leave for school and before Jude wakes up, or Jamie climbs anything. I sit at the table with my second cup of coffee, while Jamie babbles quietly to himself (still too sleepy to do any real damage to his world). While I sit and ponder and slowly begin to wake up (90 minutes after I've wrenched myself out of bed), I soak in the sunshine...

This is the room, dining/living area, that sold this house to me. Before I even saw the fireplace or the enormous oaks in the back yard, or the gardenia bushes, this long room with two walls of windows spoke to me.

"Here," it said. "Here is where you will sit in the morning, watching the early sun rush in, the dust motes dancing in the golden streams... You will paint this room golden and in the golden sunshine, flooding the golden room (while dust, ever triumphant over all attempts at proper housekeeping, dances riotously), you will find an early morning peace and New Mercies for the day."



3 comments:

Niecey said...

I hate mornings. But you make it sound so appealing.

lislynn said...

hehe. i hate mornings, too... but then, there's sunshine, so... it's a trade-off.

Laurie B. said...

Ugh. back to bed. Go back to bed. Sleep is waaaay more golden and the sun will shine allllll day ;-)

(Kidding!!!)