Sunday, August 16, 2009

We interrupt our regularly scheduled wedding programing to bring you....

I Heart Face: Bubbles



I super-duper, absolutely LOVE bubbles. So this was a really fun week for me. I've been trying for the perfect bubble picture ever since I got my first camera in high-school and started taking pics of my baby sister :) Unfortunately I don't have any of those pictures to show you, so you'll just have to imagine their grainy, point-n-shoot, disposable camera glory. I may not be professional material yet, but let me tell you, I've come a long way, baby! (automatic ten points if you're old enough to remember where that's from!)

What's your favorite tip to get your bubbles looking super crisp and shiny?

I've been just selecting (with the magic tool) and then using unsharp mask to adjust until I like the way it looks. Any other hints?

(click photo to view full-size)
Photobucket

So now y'all head on over to the site and check out all the other adorable bubble pictures! What better way to enjoy the last few weeks of summer??


PS. I wrote all of the above yesterday, before I actually took the kids out to take pictures with bubbles. It didn't go quite as expected. Hence the picture above with one measly bubble in it. I will post tomorrow with what ended up on MOST of the pictures..... :(

5 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

I still think it's neat with just the one bubble in it. Such a special bubble it is. :wink: LOL @ your PS part. That's hilarious!

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

And is the quote from Virginia Slims commercial? I only just heard about that quote recently when another person wrote about that commercial. Wild!

lislynn said...

*dingdingding* Shaye wins the ten points! Can't believe you only JUST heard about it! Where were you all through the eighties?? :)

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

LOL. Well, we didn't have cable for much of that time (daddy was the small-town preacher and we had more quality control that way). Very few channels out in the boonies and busy lives, I guess. I also missed out on many music videos except for late Friday nights we got to see a few on a major channel that came through easily enough.

Unknown said...

what a fun shot - I like the angle! :-)