1) I have 900 posts on this blog. I've been blogging for five years-- next month is my five year blogiversary.
2) The heat index today is 109 and the pool pump is broken and we can't swim because the water is looking grody after five days without a pump.
3) I have begun writing and then trashed about ten posts in the last two months. I have lost my mojo.
4) Sofi is starting fifth grade in two weeks. I have a fifth grader. I occasionally pinch myself to see if this is real. So far, it is.
5) We have lived here two years now. I still miss my friends and family back Home. Every day. Some days more than others. Blogging about this sometimes helps, but also feels like hurting my friends here-- which I do have. Friends here, I mean. Good ones, too. Just not the same ones.
6) Judah is turning out to be a superb artist. He invents and draws Angry Birds games. He has inherited his parents' tendency to obsess over stuff. There are pages covered with Angry Birds all over the floors of my house.
7) My sister is getting married at Thanksgiving. It will be the first sibling wedding that I won't be able to be there to help with flowers and music and food and everything... See # 5 above.
8) Jamie has, despite all my attempts to dissuade him, decided that he's ready to potty train on the first week J goes back to work. He is, essentially, potty-training ME. We are buying the standard issue ten-pack of Superhero Undies at Walmart today.
9) I have to go to Walmart today. This is how I feel about Walmart:
Needless to say, I am not thrilled about my afternoon.
10) You know how lame my workout was today? I'll tell you how lame it was. I spent thirty minutes on an ELLIPTICAL and watched Olympics swimming. Seriously. Lame.