Saturday, December 15, 2012

Walking in the Shadow

I wrote this post last spring, but never posted it. I think I just felt that I spend far too much time on this blog grieving over my distance from my family, which I worry will make my friends here in Florida feel a little sad. But today seems like a good time to revisit the topic of longing for the Lord's Return. Ron Owen's lyrics could have been written just for a day like yesterday and today.

I talked to my mom on the phone today. We chatted and spent time catching up on each other's lives and then, when I simply had to get back to Real Life (ie; dishes, babies, laundry and etc) I handed the phone off to Judah to visit for a while too.

As I listened in the their conversation, I found myself wishing, oh how much so! that I was listening in on a conversation where both participants were sprawled on the couch in my living room-- instead of just one of them. And the words of my favorite song from the show I'm singing in next week are now running on a tear-inducing loop through my heart...

Some day, we'll cast our weapons down!
We'll break the bow and spear,
Faith will conquer hate and fear!
Somehow until that day appears
Love will light our way,
We'll hope and dream and pray
That someday will begin
Today!

No more yearning, no more longing, 
No more waiting, no more wanting
No more wishing, no more grieving, 
No more crying, no more suf'fring
No more dying now and evermore...


Come quickly, Lord Jesus...


No comments: