Friday, September 7, 2007

Checkin' in again.........

So, it's been a while... We've been sick, sick, sick. The flu, or something like it--haven't eaten well in days. Experienced the scary phenomenon of my milk supply dwindling to almost nothing as a result. It's funny how much I take that for granted, even though some of my close friends have experienced difficulties in that area. It's another one of those things, like infertility, that strike close to one's identity as a woman. I guess a parallel would be the feeling a man might get when unable to get a job to provide for his family. Breastfeeding for me is "providing" in the same way that Jeremiah's work "provides" for our family financially. Anyway, it's been a very emotional week.

In lighter news: Sofi and I have created a recipe for a great summer snack that we'd like to share with you. It's sugar-free and can be low-fat if you'd like. Tastes sooooo good!


Sofi's Banana Pudding "Milk"shake:

2 frozen bananas
1 cup yogurt (more or less depending on the consistency you want)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Add all ingredients to a blender and blender at high speed until smooth. ENJOY!!

No comments: