Wednesday, December 5, 2007

And the 2007 'Making My Life Easier" Award goes to...

.... the KidCo Pea Pod Travel Bed! Why in the world was this not around when Sofi was a baby? I ask you! It is a wonderful concept, a sort of tent/bed/pack-n-play. It is approximately the same size and weight as my diaper bag when folded and big enough for Sofi to crawl into when unfolded. It has an inflatable mattress that slips into a pocket under the tent floor and light-blocking flaps that button down for sleeping, or up for play. The cool thing about it that makes it different from a traditional pack-n-play is that it provides a complete sleep environment. That is, a sleep resistant child no longer has "new environment" and "fun things to look at" as an excuse for not sleeping! I plan to use it a lot during our travels over the holidays. I've been conditioning him to it and he's sleeping in it great, so naptimes at Grammy's house should be a snap, since, as far as he knows, he's still in his own bedroom at home. Of course, I've yet to thoroughly test my theories on my sleep resistant son, but today he did take a 2 1/2 hour nap in it!! *shock*

I'll post pics of him in it as soon as I get my camera back. Yes. I left it with Sandy again....

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I have one of these, and it's fantastic. Seth sleeps in it everywhere. I posted on it a while back.