Friday, March 28, 2008

A new Soficism

"Daddy, I don't want to go to bed yet."

"What time do you think you should go to bed?"

"Well, I want to go to bed when you go to bed."

"That won't work. Don't you think you need to get some rest? So you're ready for all the things you want to do tomorrow? "

"Well, what you don't know is that I play in my bed all night long! I'm up and down and get up and go back to sleep..."

Daddy laughs. "You shouldn't do that. When Mommy and Daddy put you to bed, you must go to sleep."

"Well, I pray to Jesus every night that you won't find out and hear that I'm playing in bed."

"Sweetie, I don't think Jesus answers those kinds of prayers."

"Well, He must! 'Cause you haven't been peeking in on me!"

P.S. This is the child that sleeps like a log through Judah's crying to be nursed at 4 am and is sound asleep by 8:30 almost every night of the week.

No comments: