Friday, July 25, 2008

For my fat babies...

It's poetry time again at Pensieve, and this month I'm joining in on the "literary history-making challenge". Here's my first attempt at writing a 'pensieve'.

Baby Buddha

Swirls of barely-there silky hair, doughy thighs, pillow-fat feet kicking my arm.
Contented gurgles, milk-dripping mouth sucking noisily at my breast.
Slobbery, wide open mouth kisses, smack on my lips like strawberry Bubble-Yum.
Moist, sticky, tickle-begging fat rolls, jiggle-giggling under my fingers.
Warm soft breath, pausing heart-breakingly for a moment in slumber, then flowing on, setting my mind at rest.



Be sure to check out all the other awesome entries!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A babeeeee poem!

What a descriptive picture of your little one! I can see and smell and REMEMBER all things "baby". GREAT job of bringing me into your perspective :).

And...if I were still nursing? I'm afraid my milk would've just let down!

ha!

Taylor said...

Wow that was a great poem! Very very nice thanx for posting it.
Keep up the great work..

Pamela said...

doughy thighs... me, too ha ha ha.

what a sweet sweet poem.

Peculiar said...

Oh, I can just see this baby and hear it too! This was so precious!! This was different and unique. I don't think there was a baby one on the roster before yours. Glad I came by.

lislynn said...

Thanks, you guys, for all your kind words. I used to write a lot before kids, but it's nice to get out the old thinking cap and rev up the creative juices again...

Joy said...

I smiled as I began reading! This is the most beautiful part of motherhood right here. You captured it so beautifully I have tears in my eyes!!! Probably the favorite one I've read thus far!

Anonymous said...

I love this one - you and I had the same inspiration for our Pensieves, but I think you pulled yours off better.

jeanie said...

That was beautiful! Made me all clucky.

Anonymous said...

Wow, very nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Liked your poem very much, Lisi.
Love,
Mom