Friday, November 20, 2009
Seven Quick Takes Friday
1) I really love the Quick Takes meme, but so seldom have a chance to write on Fridays. If there's a post up here on Fridays, it's usually because I've written it earlier in the week and set it to autopost. But today I've decided to postpone my workout time till the kids wake up and we're going to do a Denise Austin Kid's Fit video together. It's all in the interest of mentoring the kids in a healthy lifestyle. I'll let you know how that goes...
2) I really do intend to finish up The Story of Us and I'm really not on a power trip. It just takes a while to dredge up a coherent story out of all the bits and pieces of my memories. I've already remembered stuff that I should have included earlier in the story... Such as a famous platter of shrimp that J and I shared when our families went out to dinner (we eat shrimp on every anniversary now). Also, I did find a few diary entries that were low enough on the embarrassment scale to actually share, but now they're moot. All that to say, I will finish the story, I promise, just let me take my time and do all the quality control needed to produce a series worthy of this most excellent blog. (*snort, choke, giggle*)
3) The Holiday Crazies are about to begin in the house of F. This weekend we take off for my parent's house to see my sister (this one) perform in a local production of Fiddler on the Roof. There's something about that show... It's like a family tradition. Or kinda. J and I sang selections from that show for our first public appearance together "after it all went down". You'll hear more about that later-- see number two, above. Anyway, we'll be back for two days and then off again for J's family's place for Thanksgiving. Can I express publicly just how grateful I am to be spending this holiday with J's family? Remember last year's harrowing experience?? Yeeeeah....
4) I've been coming to a depressing realization recently. I want to write more fully about it later, but for now I'll say it looks like I'm going to have to give up my precious nap time writing/reading/relaxing time in favor of giving Sofi more undivided attention during her school work. I am NOT looking forward to this. Advice and encouragement from moms who have survived the transition to No Naps would be appreciated... (Sofi isn't napping, she just has free reading time while Judah naps)
5) I am conducting an experiment in my bathroom to discover how long a shower can go un-scrubbed before the tub ring spontaneously generates life. So far, so good. I'll let you know how that goes, too.
6) I finally put up my button from Dawn! It's over there in my sidebar and you can click on it and read all about our big cross-country adventure with Two Mommies, Two Toddlers and a Princess. I have every intention of continuing to edit the pictures that never made it up (due to crappy hotel internet) and add them to fill in the holes in the story, so check back in a few weeks and see if there's anything new :)
7) If I don't go right now and wake up my children, Judah will not nap today. That would be bad. I must go. I will talk to all y'all later!