Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mama said there'd be days like this...

This morning the kids all woke up before 7:00. James was woken at 5:45 by J's alarm. Judah woke Sofi because his pull-up had leaked and his bed was wet.

Jamie fell asleep in the car on the way home from grocery shopping.

While nursing him back to sleep for his nap, I hear BLOODCURDLING screams from the dining room.

"SOOOOOOOOOMEBOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! BADBADBADBADBADBADBAD!!!!!!!"

(which is Judah's usual way of informing the WHOLE WORLD of his displeasure (and no, we don't "let" him do that)

The screaming went on long enough that I eventually set Jamie down in my bed and ran out to, what I was sure I would find to be, bloodcarnagechaosdisaster. But nooooooooooooo.

Instead I find Judah, staring at his reflection in the mirror while screaming, real tears running down his face, "Noooo one will puh-puh-puh-PUHlaaaaaaaaaay wiv meeeeeeee!!!"

!!!!!

By the time I get back to James, he's fallen asleep. To wake and feed, or not? I leave him to sleep, fingers crossed that the three minutes of nursing will hold him over for at least an hour nap.

Ten minutes ago I heard Jamie waking up from his nap too-too early, indignant that he wasn't fully fed, and walked in to find that he had thrown up on my bed, rolled his head over and threw up again.

I moved him to a clean spot, but he's definitely not going back to sleep. I will write my thoughtful, intellectual, meaningful post later.

Like, maybe in about ten years.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

What time do your kids normally wake up? Mine wake up WAY too early EVERY morning!! Shepard and Collin are awake between 5:30 and 6:30 am EVERY morning, Emma is up around 6:30. Grayson is varying right now, but they are all up early!
They know to play in their rooms together until at least 7, hopefully 7:30 because I DO NOT get up that early!! : )

Jenny said...

Wow...without too much detail, I'll just say that I'm afraid I would not have handled that very well;) There would have been spankings and room times galore!

Laurie B. said...

Wow! While I very much do not like your blog post.. I very much do like these other comments! :-)