Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Girl

She asks, "Mama, can we watch The Amazing Race together tonight?

"I don't think so, sweetie, I have enough dishes and clean-up to keep me busy till way past your bedtime tonight..."

She sighs and humphs out to the living room to play Battle for Wesnoth with Daddy, instead.

A few minute later she sidles back in and asks if she can clear the table for me, or rinse some dishes... Twenty minutes later we finish up the kitchen together and snuggle on the couch for our show.

"Wow, Sofi, we did that so fast! It's so nice to have help in the kitchen in the evenings. It makes my evenings so much more relaxing... thank you!"

She wiggles shyly, praise always makes her bashful, "Well, I was going to play Wesnoth with Daddy, but then I got to thinking how overwhelming it must be to face all this work every evening, so I thought I'd come help you instead."

She has such a soft heart. I pray that the hard knocks and growing pains of the next ten years don't harden it up...


4 comments:

Hosanna said...

Awww! What a sweetie! I love the Amazing Race, too. :)

Polly said...

Precious girl. Give her Aunt Polly's love!

Lauren Valentine said...

What a sweet moment! Love that Sofi girl!

Jenny said...

I feel the same way about my girl. It's hard to discipline a soft heart - feels like your crushing a flower sometimes:( Other times....well, not so much;)