Friday, May 7, 2010

*sigh*

Sometimes I wonder if God put me on this earth in order for my life to serve as a tragi-comedic warning to the rest of you.

This morning, May 7, 2010, at 9:20 AM EST, ten minutes before a scheduled home showing for another repeat "customer" (a second interested party); I set my living room curtains on fire.

Yep.

On fire.

Apparently my naan-baking experience and our Scrabble fiasco did not suffice to teach me to leave the fire alone.

I lit a candle early this morning-- a lovely vanilla candle-- with the intention of filling the house with a pleasing aroma with which to greet the prospective buyer. Instead the probably-no-longer-prospective buyer was greeted with the smell of burning synthetic curtain sheers, mixed with the scent of freshly baked cinnamon buns.

I managed to salvage the situation with my mad window mis-treatment skillz. I'll show you pics as soon as I can get back into my house. As long as the smoke has cleared by then...

7 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

OH NOOOOO! That's just awful! I'll be back to see some pix. You'll laugh about it one day...probably not today, though. :(

Niecey said...

Oh my gosh. Of all the things that could happen. Ugh. Could have been worse I guess, at least you caught it in good time.

Jordana said...

Awful timing! I'm so sorry.

Buckeroomama said...

Now, that's a story to retell and laugh over in the years to come... or maybe not. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

canningmama said...

As DISASTROUS as that is, it is quite hilarious, esp. with your mad writing skills. That's definitely only the kind of thing you expect to see in an episode of Friends or something! Sound like it didn't hurt you too much though with all your PROSPECTIVE BUYERS! Congrats!

Hosanna said...

Classic. That's the stuff movies are made of. :)

Jenny said...

I'm sorry, was your name "Lucy"??? And, yes, I Love...