Sometimes I wonder if God put me on this earth in order for my life to serve as a tragi-comedic warning to the rest of you.
This morning, May 7, 2010, at 9:20 AM EST, ten minutes before a scheduled home showing for another repeat "customer" (a second interested party); I set my living room curtains on fire.
Apparently my naan-baking experience and our Scrabble fiasco did not suffice to teach me to leave the fire alone.
I lit a candle early this morning-- a lovely vanilla candle-- with the intention of filling the house with a pleasing aroma with which to greet the prospective buyer. Instead the probably-no-longer-prospective buyer was greeted with the smell of burning synthetic curtain sheers, mixed with the scent of freshly baked cinnamon buns.
I managed to salvage the situation with my mad window mis-treatment skillz. I'll show you pics as soon as I can get back into my house. As long as the smoke has cleared by then...