Monday, January 12, 2009

Wanna-Be Gourmet Chef Nearly Burns House Down In Freak Naan Baking Incident

I know most of you know about my love/hate relationship with Naan. Tonight I decided to once again give it whirl.





(the flames were much higher when I first pulled it out of the oven-- I just didn't want to leave four-inch high fire in my kitchen while I ran for the camera)



Posted by Picasa

Now I officially don't care how much flack the local Indian place gives us when we order "just Naan? That's all? It really tastes much better with an entree. How about some Beef Keema?" I will just smile and nod and say it's a matter of the safety of my children.

It's just about the children.

5 comments:

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

Mmmmm.... Naan.

Hmmm. allow me to ammend: Mmmm, naan that is not Lisi's ;-)

lislynn said...

LOL.

Actually, it ended up not being too bad. The ones that didn't go up in flames, that is...

Denise said...

I don't know how you can do that Lis.... Light Naan on fire??? Do you douse it in kerosene or something???

We love naan, but I don't like our recipe, because it's not got the right amount of airyness for me. But I am not sure I should ask you for yours!!!

lislynn said...

Nope, no kerosene. I really have no idea. I even put my timer on (which I never do) so I wouldn't overbake the stuff...

Lauren Valentine said...

Well, at least you tried...I tried an Indian recipe once and it didnt turn out so well. But, Taste of India is our favorite restaurant - SO Good!