Saturday, July 31, 2010

Judah is Weally good at Karate Kid

J is taking the kids to a special event at a dojo nearby where a neighbor child takes karate lessons. Judah has recently watched The Karate Kid with Daddy and Sofi and is very excited, with big plans about all the fighting he's going to do. I just overheard this exchange between Judah and J and laughed so hard I nearly snorted my Cheerioes out my nose...


No, Judah, you can't take your sword to karate class. they have their own swords at karate.

Can I... can I... can I...? (excitement renders him nearly speechless)

No, son, they're not going to let you use the sword.

Why???

Because you have to be very very good at karate before they let you use the swords.

But, but, but I AM reawwy good at kawate kid.

No, silly boy, you've never even had a karate class before.

But, but , but I am REAWWY good at kawate kid.

Judah...

But, but, but I kawate kid VIOLET. I karate kid Violet when she was Cinderella. Wemember??


4 comments:

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

lol I think Judah has a selective memory, because I seem to remember that Violet kahwate-kidded Judah in that story...

lislynn said...

Nonono! Judah karate kidded her and then she just sat on him... Go re-read.

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

She got him in the end right? with a kawate chwop or not... ;-)

septembermom said...

Too funny. Violet probably is going to come back with a good karate kick one of these days :)