Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Passing on the crazy

There's definitely a tendency to OCD that runs in my family. I won't bore you with too many details. Suffice it to say that it has manifested in the new generation.

Sofi, at age two, had to clean off each step up to the slide before stepping on it, all the while muttering under her breath "dirrrrty, dirrrty!".

Judah, at nineteen months, finds it neccessary to pick all the fuzzballs off my sweater, all the while muttering under his breath, "Yuuucky, yuuucky!"

Just doing my part to pass on the family crazy.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

We pass it on one way or the other! Might as well enjoy.

lislynn said...

Hah, ain't it the truth??

Jenny said...

So, what's YOUR OCD tendency?
I trace things in my head -- especially the tops of telephone/electrical poles while I'm driving. Can even be a little dangerous sometimes. *sigh*

lislynn said...

Aww, man! Rebecca does that, too! Well, sort of. She used to write everything in the air--tracing the letters as she talked. It must be a family thing...

Anonymous said...

That's funny, because it's my mom that I got the letter-tracing thing from! (And by the way I haven't done that in a long time.)