1. Wow. Breathe. Gulp coffee. Pray the kids sleep a little longer so I can tend to my poor, neglected blog.
2. The last two weeks since getting home from our trip have been a whirlwind. I've felt rushed and stressed every. single. day. Our house is a wreck, I have bulbs that I paid real money for sitting and slowly dying on my kitchen counter, there are babies due any day now that will enter the world smocking-less, because all my patterns and plans have remained in my head and not on the fabric. My ironing pile defies description and the extent of our school fora week has been a math page each day and about fifteen minutes of Latin. I just cannot seem to get my head above water!
3. I've also discovered that I was kidding myself about Facebook. You really cannot have your Facebook and blog it, too. It's one or the other for me, baby, so Facebook? You are dead to me. I will no longer allow myself to heed your siren call of clever updates, amusing banter about spelling mistakes, hourly updates on what the Pregnant Woman is eating today and which political causes who supports.
4. As stressed out as I am, my thoughts are with a certain bride this week, whom, I imagine, is waaay more stressed out than I am. *silently hands bride a glass of wine and pats her on the back* Once this wedding is done (as fun as it will be) I think my life will (maaaaybe) relax back to it's low-pitched hum.
5. There's a slight possibility that I may (maybe) be watching just a wee tad bit too much Project Runway. Yesterday I had to "whip up" a Queen Esther costume for Sofi to wear to Co-op. The first time I tried it on her things did not go well and I heard myself say to my seven-year-old, "That's just a big, hot mess!"
"What's a big, hot mess mean, Mamma?"
Mmmm, yeeeeah. Let me get back to you on that one, sweetie.
6. It is very, very hard to run these days as the shorter days mean I cannot go after J gets home from work at 6. Anyone have suggestions on how to run with a seven-year-old and a two-year-old? A double stroller really isn't going to cut it for me... I tried having her bike, but she's too unsteady and needs too much help from me, so I end up running half the time and scooping her back up onto the bike the other half the time. It's crazy.
7. I had so much trouble with my Photobucket account while on our trip that I've been considering switching to Flikr, instead. Any thoughts from my other bloggy people?
Thanks to Jen at Conversion Diaries for hosting! Check out all the other Quick Takes....