My dear friend, Hos, over at Happily ever After, selected me for the Honest Scrap Award at her horsey blog, All the Pretty Little Horses. Thanks Hos!! It's very exciting :)
So, now I have to tell you 10 things about myself that you might now know, and then pass on the award to 10 other bloggers :)
1) It's sad, but true, I just spent ten minutes searching back through the links of people who given and received this award, and I STILL can't figure out what "Honest Scrap" means. I must be blog-award-title-challenged.
2) It's also sad, but also true, that I don't even care that I don't know what it means, I'm so thrilled to get my first blog award that I'll put it up and pass it on anyways!!
3) I have a blog-inferiority complex. I really do. I'm convinced that only people who are related to me or have to face me on a regular basis and answer the question "So, did you read my blog this week?" are reading at all. Much less regularly.
4) Sometimes I dream at night that my blog gets discovered and I go from nothing to a million hits a day over night and Dooce emails me to ask for my autograph.
5) Obviously. This is never going to happen.
6) Sad but true, yet again, I will never stop dreaming this. This is because somewhere along the way, my personality missed the message that I am a confident, individualistic, natural leader oldest child, and instead switched to attention-craving, insecure-but-faking-it, do-anything-for-a-laugh second-born or possibly-youngest mode. I think my sister stole my birthright at some point.
7) This blog-inferiority thing is sooo bad that I'm almost embarrassed to pass on a blog award to ten other bloggers, because I just know they've all got better things to do than accept an award from me...
8) Last week, I got so bored a painted my finger nails (which I never do, because...) now I have not had time to re-do them and you can just imagine what they look like now. Yes. Not at all like the hands of a mature, 30-year-old professional and mother of two.
9) My hands look like the hands of a nervous attention-craving, insecure-but-faking-it, do-anything-for-a-laugh second-born or possibly-youngest and likely only about eight-year-old.
10) I don't really care that much.
Maybe there is some of that oldest child in there after all....
I would now like to pass on the Honest Scrap Award to a sampling of my favorite blogs (this is not an exhaustive list, by any means):
Mama Kat: Because one of these days I'm actually going to enter her Writer's Workshop. And because she's FUNNY.
Stand and Deliver: This is my go-to blog for natural childbirth info and resources. This woman is a genius.
Better in Bulk: Oh the pictures... the lovely, lovely pictures....
Ordinary Days: Because the Hot Mama Revolution is a wonderful idea and has saved my sanity on more than one occasion.
The Monkeys and Me: Oh geez... the pictures, the Tot Talk Tuesdays, the cute kids, the homebirths, the insightful posts... It's all good.
Mom by Faith: Because I love her honest and God-fearing posts and she follows my blog! See? It pays off, people...
Keyboard Revolutionary: because she's a kindred spirit when it comes to natural childbirth AND she's a blogger I've actually met IRL AFTER I started reading her blog.
Fullness of Joy: because I owe her for years of friendship and lots of babysitting
Our Little Valentine: because her son is aaaalmost as cute as mine ;)
Toddled Dredge: because she's read "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" and occasionally rants about people who don't train their kids to behave :)
Each of you can now swipe that cool graphic over there, put it on your blog and pass it on to your top ten blogger friends. I may have skipped a few deserving blogs. Let me know if you think I have...