Friday, July 24, 2009

Trying Something New

I've had my eye on these great meme over at Conversion Diary for quite some time. It seems like a great way to squeeze in a quick "catch up" post right before the weekend. And since Jen promises that there's "something up" this week, I decided it would be a good week to go ahead and take the plunge. So here we go! My first Seven Quick Takes Friday!

1) The day I finally start to get caught up on the yardwork, it begins to pour (and I mean really pour, folks) riiiiight as the kids go down for nap. Effectually ending whatever productivity potential I had up to that point.

2) To finalize any doubts about our mystery trip, yes! we are flying out to Fort Lewis to drive S and V home. That's right, ladies and gents, I have finally taken complete and utter leave of my sense and participated in-- nay, even initiated!-- the planning of a cross-country road trip with two toddlers, a six-year-old and NO HUSBANDS!!! But it'll be fun, right? Of course right!

3) I am wiiide open for any advice about surviving said trip with two toddlers, a six-year-old and no husbands. And did I mention we'll be hauling a U-Haul trailer behind us the whole way? And attempting to camp nightly? Possibly at least once or twice in Yellowstone National Park? Where there are BEARS???

4) In leiu of flowers, please direct your expressions of sympathy towards the support of a worthy cause...

5) Thanks to a blogging mom of many boys, I may have solved a parenting problem that has plagued me for nearly a year. I feel fairly confident to say that we have solved the mystery of Judah's morning meltdowns! It's too long a story for this post, so I'll be posting the saga tomorrow morning, bright and early. Stay tuned!

6) Have I mentioned that my brother is getting married to this lovely woman in two and a half weeks? Whoo-eeee! We are busy around here :)

7) It stopped raining! Hooray! Now we can all go out and do stuff :) Although I should probably take a shower first...

That was fun! You want to try? Go sign up and read everyone else's Seven Quick Takes!


9 comments:

Rebecca said...

In leiu of flowers...you crack me up.

Hosanna said...

Having suffered through a cross-country road trip when I was 12, (from NC to Kalispell, Montana) I cannot come up with any words of encouragement for you, as much as I would like to. We camped on our trip, too.
It was............ really awful.
Sorry:( I know, I'm such a fun-sucker, right????)

Jenny said...

Well, when I was 8, I navigated us cross country, via Canada, and hitting just about all of the lower 48!!! It was awesome (and we were camping, too, though in a camper, sorry!)!!! Give Sophie a map and have her follow along, finding campgrounds for you along the way. Take lots of books and a portable dvd player (that you can charge every night?) for the other 2;) And lots of dramamine and Benedryl (and possibly a club?)for when they won't sleep in the car;)
Good luck!!!

lislynn said...

Jenny, "possibly a club..."

ROFLMHineyO

Don't tempt me.

ViolinMama said...

Hey!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

How amazing...I'm Suzuki born and raised! I started taking lessons when I was five, almost wanted to quit because of the work (I loved playing but hated to practive) at 12 - but my mom said I could not quit and Dr. Suzuki said only practice the days you eat - HAHA! I got through the hump. I even got to meet him in Japan for a week long violin conference (don't let that make you think I'm any good lol).

I still play. I double majored in music and history and taught social studies but kept on playing. My husband and I play at weddings, parties, services, etc. I'm trying my hand at some bluegrass too.

How cool you play too, and TEACH! Good for you!!! I don't know if I have the guts to teach....

Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to follow your blog!! Great list too by the way!!

God Bless!

Dawn said...

Oh gosh, I'm too lazy to attempt a trip like that, even with a husband.

Very interested to see what's up with the meltdowns... you promised tomorrow, bright and early. I'm already drumming my fingers...

Beth Cotell said...

#3 - ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! All I can say is don't do it...or possibly take lots of wine! Of course, the wine is only for when you AREN'T driving and preferably when the kids are sleeping. Although you may find you need it when they are all awake!

My real advice...take a DVD player and lots of DVDs!

septembermom said...

Good luck on the trip! Movies, movies, movies...that's my advice for surviving the car trip. Fun post! I enjoyed reading it:)

Linda said...

Violin-I'm intrigued. My daughter who is 17 wants to learn the violin. Any suggestions? Is it rude to as someone to let her try on one of their instruments just to see it she is really interested?