Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soficism #(something)



Click here to join in



Hooray for Nicey's new meme! I'm reposting from August last year, because I forgot to write anything down that anybody said today or this past week :) Better luck next week. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of fun new bloggy friends. Follow me and I'll follow you! Click on the button in my sidebar....

A friend of ours recently returned from a trip abroad and brought Sofi a coin purse made from a turtle shell. This morning's conversation about said purse:

"That sure is a cool purse Mr Frank bought you..."

"Why do you think so?"

(who said they grow out of the "why" stage? not happening so far. today she asked me why is this the fastest way to Big Lots. well, it just is...)

"Well, (hem, haw, stutter) I just think it's cool that it's made out of a real turtle shell."

"I don't think that's cool."

"Why not?" (payback!)

"Well, if I was a turtle, I would not want to be killed to make into a purse. (long pause) If I was already dead, I don't think I would mind, but I would not want to be killed for it."

6 comments:

Lauren Valentine said...

haha, love it!

Niecey said...

Ah such wisdom. See this is why Jesus told us to become like them ;)

I love it. Thanks for joining in!

Unknown said...

Wow. Do you think the turtle was killed for the shell?

lislynn said...

I really have no idea. It might even be a faux shell...

MrsW said...

I like ththis thinking - get that child a TV spot convincing the world to carry organ donor cards :)

Kathie said...

What a cute convo! I have had those sorts of conversations with Caleb, where his "whys" make me wonder why I even asked!

Cute!!