Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wait, is that the sun I see over there?

I hesitate to call it, folks, but I do believe a new day may be dawning in the F. house. Can I share with you a wonderful piece of news? This morning, for the fifth morning in a row I awoke to the sound of Judah's cries for Mommy, rolled over to look at the clock and realized to my shock that it was 7:45.

Yes. That's 7:45.

What? you ask, an F. child that sleeps past 6:30?? Is this possible? Apparently so. Who knew? But wait, there's more...

So, now that he's waking up at 7:45 or 8, he doesn't nap till 1 or 1:30. And sometimes naps till three or FOUR O'CLOCK. And what ungodly hour do you think he goes to bed? I'll tell you! Actually... the usual 6:30 to 7. I know, right? Who stole my child and left this sleeping angel in his place?!?

I have to say, it's wreaking all kinds of havoc with my schedule. I really don't know how to handle a day that doesn't begin till 8 am. I'm used to having breakfast cleaned up and being dressed and groomed by then. This morning I didn't shower till 9:30! After I'd been to the gym for an early morning workout! I felt like such a slouch :) It was really lovely :D

So, now that I've gone public with this information, I've probably jinxed it. He'll probably wake up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and that'll be the end of that. But just in case he doesn't... Who knows? If something like this can happen IRL, perhaps the next time I see you I'll have the skin of a ten year old and the body of Angelina Jolie!

4 comments:

KatBouska said...

Ugh it always works like that!! And I totally know what you mean...I am off work this week and am amazed at how much time I waste in the day. It's bittersweet getting such a late start on the day really...great for the sleeping in part, but bad for the getting things done part. :)

Niecey said...

That sounds awesome. Long may it continue.

Susannah Forshey said...

Sleeeeep! It's so good for you! It will lengthen your lifespan and dissolve wrinkles in your face. :) I hope it lasts for you!

lislynn said...

My hope is that it will continue and I'll eventually catch up on all those years of too little sleep and then I'll be able to start actually waking up BEFORE the children and getting stuff done!!

Is that being too greedy? Will the sleep gods punish me for even thinking of such indulgence?