Monday, May 11, 2009

I Heart Faces: Laughter




Once again I didn't get to do a photo shoot. This time we were at Mom's all weekend. I planned to just not enter again, but then I found out that Ree Drummond is the guest judge this week and that's just too cool to pass up! I love her blog, as I told you here. Hi, Ree! I LOVELOVELOVE your Black Heels :)

This photo is form one of the first shoots I did with the kids after we got our new camera last summer. This one shot is one of three in a series that I framed and hung in our dining room. I love the way she's sticking out the tip of her tongue as she giggles! All my nearest and dearest will recognize this as something she inherited from her mommy :P This was during that "super tired and extra silly" stage, right before bed.

Let's see, what edits did I use... (I've started including these because I love it when other photographers include theirs) I reduced the noise a tad and upped the saturation, hoping to darken out some of the wood grain in the background. It worked pretty well, I think. Any suggestions from other photographers? WWYD?




Photobucket


You can go here and check out all the other laughing faces!


16 comments:

Niecey said...

That's really sweet. I love the laughter category.
I'm not sure about suggestions...I think it looks great.

Unknown said...

Cute picture, she looks really happy. I think you did great with the editing, the only thing I might have done different is when you reduced the noise, I would avoid doing the eye are, which might help the picture look more in focus. Great job!

My Two Seasons said...

She is so sweet! I love her smile! I'm not sure about suggestions either...looks good to me!

Julie Ball said...

That is simply adorable! All of these laughter pics are making me smile - what a great theme!

Thanks for looking at my photo, too! :)

Puna said...

Very cute!

Marissa said...

Thanks for stopping over to look at my blog and comment on my picture! Love her sweet face!

Frogmum said...

Great shot - really sweet :D

Unknown said...

What a cute giggle!! :-) I adore this picture!

Karli said...

Love the little tongue sticking out! Hilarious!

Erica said...

so cute how she's sticking her little tongue out! very cute!

Melinda said...

What a precious little face. I love that little tongue sticking out...too cute!!

the monkeys' mama said...

thanks so much for your sweet comments. i'm so sorry to hear that you are in the same boat as us. :(

Life is hard sometimes but at least we have the memory of their laughter!

PS Great photo yourself!

Heather said...

Love the little tongue! This picture made me laugh!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!

tiarastantrums said...

great shot of laughing

Erica said...

hey thanks for your sweet comment on my page! i wanted to let you know how i did the leaves picture. it was before i had photoshop so i was using my paint shop pro for dell computers. i'm not sure yet if it works the same way with photoshop. but i just copied the entire picture and pasted it as a new layer on top of the original. i made the top layer black and white, then used the eraser tool to erase the spots that i wanted to be colored (the eraser erases the top layer and lets the bottom layer- which was still color- show through). hope that makes sense and helps you!

Tami Tripp said...

Thanks for the great ideas. I'll give the ideas you gave me a try. You're picture is great. I like the brown of the natural wood floor and the face off to one side.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I will always take advice. It's great to get somebody else's perspective and ideas.

Take Care